About Patience S. Latting Northwest Library
The Patience S. Latting Northwest Library opened on May 22, 2012 as the first new Metro Library location in more than 30 years. This 35,000 square foot library features imagery of the Oklahoma prairie including study areas housed in glass that resemble oil derricks. Wood-slat walls are reminiscent of the oilfield equipment crates that were historically used as temporary housing. Also unique are the outdoor patios for children and adults. Shelving end-panels feature scenes from the Oklahoma prairie such as wheat fields and windmills. Oklahoma-themed outdoor art sculptures include a 7’ tall saurophaganax dinosaur, a 7’ long collared lizard, a raccoon, and cowgirl Lucille Mulhall with her shelter dog, Wall-E. These whimsical sculptures by artist Solomon Bassoff of Faducci Studio are constructed of steel armature covered with hand sculpted cement and enhanced with applied Italian glass mosaic.
The Northwest Library has broad sustainability features that will allow it to become the first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified public library built in Oklahoma. These LEED elements include a drip irrigation system, low-flow faucets/toilets to reduce water use, a geothermal heating and cooling system to reduce energy consumption, use of recycled and regionally sourced materials for construction, use of sustainably harvested wood, low-emitting finishes and day-lighting for interior spaces. The Northwest Library, located near NW 122nd and MacArthur, is easily accessible through its close proximity to both the Hefner Parkway and the Kilpatrick Turnpike.
Book drop location: Drive-up return on the south side of the building.
- Public use computers with 60-minute internet access and printing capabilities
- Mobile and offsite printing
- Free Wi-Fi
- Color copy machine with free outbound faxing (to U.S. numbers only) and scanning capability
- Self-serve holds shelf and self-check machines
- Catalog computers dedicated to searching the library's collection
- Library staff who can provide assistance locating information, using print and electronic sources, and provide readers' advisory
- Place and pick up interlibrary loan requests
- Tours and instruction in the use of library resources, school group visits welcome (by appointment)
5600 NW 122nd Street
Oklahoma City, OK
Phone: (405) 606-3580
Curbside Hour & Public Computer Hours
Monday: 9am - 8pm
Tuesday: 9am - 8pm
Wednesday: 9am - 8pm
Thursday: 9am - 8pm
Friday: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm