Transferring Freegal Content from an Apple Device to iTunes
- Connect your Apple device to your computer.
- Open iTunes on your computer and your device should show up on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Device button, then click File Sharing.
- In the list of Apps, select Freegal Music. A folder named with your library account number will appear.
- Click on the folder and save it to your computer.
6. Find where you saved the folder on your computer. Drag the folder to the iTunes window (specifically, into your Music Library), and iTunes will import your Freegal content.
Transferring Freegal Content from an Android Device to Your Computer
To retrieve music from your Android device, the easiest method is to plug your Android device into your PC or Mac.
For a Windows computer (desktop, laptop, Surface tablet):
- Connect your Android device to your Windows desktop/laptop/Surface. Driver software should start installing for your Android device (if it’s not already installed; this may take a minute or two).
- You should see the option to “Open device to view files”. If not, click on the Start button and then Computer to see your Android device. Double click to open your Android device and find the folder that lists your Android device’s internal files.
- Open the Freegal Music folder and drag the folder named with your library account number to your desktop. Once the transfer is complete, you can then move the songs and videos wherever you’d like on your computer.
Note: If the driver software won’t install, please check for troubleshooting advice for your specific device on one of the many Android forums available online (for example: forum.xda-developers.com).
For a Mac desktop or laptop:
- Download and install the Android File Transfer software from android.com/filetransfer. Once installed, this software should open automatically when you plug your Android device into your Mac.
- When the program opens, you will see the file system of your Android device.
- Find where you saved the folder on your computer. Drag the folder to the iTunes window (specifically, into your Music Library), and iTunes will import your Freegal content.